Man United star Antony’s model ex-girlfriend arrives in Manchester and dines out at celebrity hotspot Chinawhite, the night before today’s police interview over claims he punched and headbutted her
- Gabriela Cavallin arrived in the UK this week from Brazil
- Antony’s ex-girlfriend will be interviewed by GMP on Thursday
- She alleged the Man United star assaulted her on four occasions
Antony’s ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin took in one of Manchester’s celebrity hotspots as she arrived in the UK ahead of a formal interview with Greater Manchester Police on Thursday.
The influencer has flown in from Brazil having made allegations – which the player strenuously denies – that he attacked her on four occasions, including twice in the UK.
On Wednesday night, she visited Chinawhite, a popular Northern Quarter nightclub and Japanese restaurant SakkuSamba in Spinningfields.
The DJ and influencer documented her visits on Instagram, where she also shared a picture Manchester in the rain taken on Wednesday morning.
Cavallin claims that she was headbutted and punched by Antony in a Manchester hotel room the day after the team’s 2-1 win over local rivals Man City on January 14.
Gabriela Cavallin took in one of Manchester’s celebrity hotspots as she arrived in the UK
Cavallin also visited Japanese restaurant SakkuSamba in Spinningfields on Wednesday
The Brazilian influencer also shared a picture of Manchester in the rain
She added that the alleged attack caused a cut to her head and damage to one of her breast implants.
A further allegation is that Cavallin cut her finger as she tried to shield herself from a glass said to have been thrown by Antony at her during an argument at home in May.
Antony met with GMP officers for a voluntary interview last month after returning to the UK from Brazil where Cavallin’s allegations have also been investigated by Sao Paulo Civil Police.
The 23-year-old has not been arrested, charged or placed under any restrictions.
United cleared the winger to return to first-team training, with the club informing the women’s team that he would be coming back and releasing a statement claiming that Antony’s situation ‘will be kept under review pending further developments in the case’.
The statement read: ‘Since allegations were first made in June, Antony has cooperated with police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK, and he continues to do so.
‘As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington, and be available for selection, while police inquiries proceed.
‘This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case.
Cavallin claims Antony attacked her on four occasions, including twice in the UK
The Manchester United player has repeatedly denied the accusations
Antony, who signed from Ajax for £82million last summer, has since appeared as a substitute in the last two games against Galatasaray in the Champions League and Brentford in the Premier League.
Speaking ahead of the Brazilian’s return to action against Galatasaray last week, United manager Erik ten Hag said the club took the allegations made against the player ‘very seriously’.
‘Of course, our minds were with him and of course the allegations, you think about it, is serious,’ the Dutchman told TNT Sports.
‘We took them very serious. So we had a leave of absence to deal with this and he was fully cooperative with police in Brazil and in Manchester and he’s not accused he’s available.’
Antony, however, has not been included in Brazil’s squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Ecuador and Uruguay in the international break.
After allegations emerged last month, Brazil dropped him from their squad for the fixtures against Bolivia and Peru and called up Arsenal ’s Gabriel Jesus as a replacement.
Source: Read Full Article