Conor McGregor says he "can’t go on" in deleted post after sexual assault arrest
UFC 

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Conor McGregor has stated that he “can’t go on like this” in a worrying update on Twitter.

The recently retired MMA icon was arrested last week for alleged 'sexual assault and sexual exhibition' in Corsica, and his team have since strenuously denied any accusation of misconduct.

Daily Star Sport were told on Saturday: "Conor McGregor vigorously denies any accusation of misconduct. He has been interviewed and released."

The 32-year-old has since broken his silence with a series of now deleted comments on social media in which he mentioned that he is struggling to stay strong for his family, which will worry his supporters.

The interaction came after an article had incorrectly referred to the UFC icon as English, after which a Twitter user wrote: ”They can have him. The BBC is correct, he is English."

McGregor said in response: "[You work in] suicide intervention yet [you are] ridiculing me in this manner online, at this horrendous time in my life.

"I am trying to stay strong for my kids and the people that rely on me and that love and support me. Thanks for the insults, hypocrite.

"I can’t go on like this man. I am crushed here."

According to the AFP news agency, the Irishman was arrested and taken into custody following an incident at the weekend.

A statement from the prosecutor read: "Following a complaint filed on September 10 denouncing acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition, Mr. Conor Anthony Mac Gregor [sic] was the subject of a hearing by the police."

That came after McGregor shared images of himself on a yacht with his family, during which time he was visited by USADA testers despite his retirement from UFC earlier this year.

Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!

Want to be on the ball with Jadon Sancho to Manchester United updates? Or perhaps you're a Chelsea fan wondering who on earth could join next?

Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

He wrote: "What’s going on here @ufc?

"USADA have just arrived to my yacht this morning for testing? I’ve retired guys!

"But go on then, I’ll allow them test me. It’s all natural here baby! "Forever and always, God Bless.

"180km across the Mediterranean Sea tomorrow! LET’S GO!!"

  • Conor Mcgregor
  • UFC

Source: Read Full Article