Wales send three players home for breaching protocol ahead of World Cup qualifier

Wales trio Tyler Roberts, Hal Robson-Kanu and Rabbi Matondo have been sent home by the national team after breaching squad protocols.

The Welsh side are preparing for a World Cup qualifier against Czech Republic, to be played on Tuesday, but the three players will now not take part after being told to return to their clubs.

A short statement read: “Three members of the Cymru senior national squad – Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts – have been released from the Welsh camp today after breaching FAW protocol.

“The three players will be returning to their respective clubs this afternoon.

“The FAW will not be making any further comment.”

READ MORE

  • Cristiano Ronaldo storms off after being denied late winner for Portugal
  • England fall agonisingly short as India seal ODI series victory
  • Calls to boycott World Cup ‘10 years too late’, says Joshua Kimmich
  • Should football boycott the Qatar World Cup?

Roberts, a regular with Leeds United in the Premier League, featured as sub in the opening qualifier of the group stage against Belgium last week, while both he and Matondo started the weekend friendly defeat to Mexico.

Independent Football Newsletter

Get the latest football headlines direct to your inbox twice a week

Read our privacy notice

Independent Football Newsletter

Get the latest football headlines direct to your inbox twice a week

Read our privacy notice

More to follow…

Source: Read Full Article