Tottenham chief Fabio Paratici sees Adama Traore transfer bid ‘immediately rejected’

Kane announces he's staying at Tottenham after Man City links

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Wolves have knocked back an approach from Tottenham to sign Adama Traore on loan until the end of the season, according to reports. The 25-year-old is understood to be a priority target for Spurs ahead of next week’s transfer deadline, with the club’s director of football Fabio Paratici looking to make at least one more addition over the coming days.

The north London outfit have already negotiated the signings of Bryan Gil, Pierluigi Gollini and Cristian Romero since the beginning of the summer window.

Meanwhile, a deal to sign Metz teenager Pape Matar Sarr was agreed earlier this week, but the midfielder is set to stay in France on loan for another season.

Paratici and Spurs chairman Daniel Levy have also managed to keep hold of Harry Kane, who had been angling for a move to Manchester City for some time.

The England skipper announced that he would be staying at the club on Wednesday afternoon, with the defending Premier League champions unable to test Levy’s resolve despite submitting a lucrative bid of £100million plus add-ons.

Although Kane’s decision to commit his immediate future to Spurs will come as a huge boost at the top of the pitch, Paratici is reportedly aiming to make further tweaks to the club’s attacking contingent with the addition of Traore.

JUST IN: Man City ‘interested’ in Lewandowski and Guardiola could change mind

The Wolves man excelled under Spurs boss Nuno Espirito Santo during the latter’s time in charge at Molineux, with the 47-year-old still a keen admirer of his former player.

Paratici has already moved to land Traore by submitting a loan bid for his services, but this offer was ‘immediately rejected’ by Wolves, according to The Telegraph.

The report claims that a £5m fee was included in the deal to see the imposing Spanish winger ply his trade at Spurs until the end of the campaign.

However, Wolves showed no hesitation in rebuffing the offer, with club chiefs adamant that Traore will not be sold between now and the end of the month.

He is reportedly viewed as a key player under new head coach Bruno Lage, who is looking to tie him down to a new and improved contract in the near future.

When quizzed on whether he wanted Traore to stay at the club on Tuesday, Lage told reporters: “Yes, I think so, we want to create a strong side, a better side to be competitive.

“We need competition for a long Premier League season and the League Cup. If players are not fit we need people to come in for them.”

It seems as though Lage could get his wish if Wolves continue to reject the advances of Spurs, who could still decide to make further enquiries over the coming days.

THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz

Meanwhile, former Premier League striker Noel Whelan recently urged Paratici to go all out for Traore, declaring that Nuno will be able to extract the very best from a player he knows so well.

“He’s a thrilling player, very direct,” Whelan told Football Insider.

“He improved a lot at Wolves in his time with Nuno Espirito Santo. The criticism was always that he had a lot of pace but his end product wasn’t there.

“We’ve seen that’s got a lot better. He has that trust with Nuno and I think the Tottenham fans would enjoy him. He can open up doors out of nothing.”

Source: Read Full Article