Marco Silva admits Fulham are receiving more ‘offers than ever’ as speculation over Aleksandar Mitrovic and Joao Palhinha exits continue
- Marco Silva says Fulham have more interest in their players than ever before
- Aleksandar Mitrovic continues to be linked with a move to Saudi side Al-Hilal
- WATCH: ‘It’s All Kicking Off’ – Episode 1 – Mail Sport’s brand new football show
Marco Silva has suggested that Fulham are the subject of more transfer speculation than ever before as clubs eye up some of his key players.
Last season’s top-scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic continues to be linked with a big-money switch to Al-Hilal and midfield lynchpin Joao Palhinha has also been the subject of interest from other Premier League sides.
Following a 10th-place finish in the Premier League last term, Silva believes it is no surprise that members of his squad are in high demand according to the Evening Standard.
He said: ‘This club, this season is receiving more offers than ever.
‘I’m talking about really [big] offers, in numbers that probably the club in the last few seasons didn’t expect to have.
Marco Silva believes Fulham players are currently subject to more transfer interest than ever before
Aleksandar Mitrovic (left) and Joao Palhinha (right) have both drawn interest this summer
Your browser does not support iframes.
‘We have to be ready as a club for the consequences from the season that we had. If you perform like we did, if you do something that no one expected, something great, of course this club is probably receiving more offers than ever.’
The Fulham boss also revealed that the club had turned down an offer from Monaco for defender Tosin Adarabioyo.
The 25-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage but Silva said the bid from the French club was ‘not even close to the value for the player’.
Fulham have been linked with a move for Arsenal’s Folarin Balogun, but the clubs are currently £10million apart in their valuation of the forward.
Fulham have already added Calvin Bassey, Raul Jimenez and Adama Traore to their squad this summer, and the future of Mitrovic is likely to have a significant impact on any further business.
Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal made a fresh £46million bid for the Serbian striker on Wednesday, and Mitrovic has previously expressed his desire to join them.
The 28-year-old picked up an injury after coming on as a substitute in Fulham’s Premier League opening day win at Everton.
Silva confirmed that he will miss out on Saturday’s London derby against Brentford as a result.
Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal made a fresh £46million bid for the Serbian striker this week
Source: Read Full Article