Liverpool continue their Premier League campaign against Leicester City on Sunday night. They will be looking to leapfrog the Foxes and potentially move top of the table, if other results go their way.
However, they will be hugely shorthanded, with no less than six first-team players definitely ruled out and several others dealing with a variety of injury problems.
This injury crisis is concerning in the short-term, of course, but it has also led to pointed questions regarding Liverpool’s transfer business, with many suggesting that Jurgen Klopp should spend in January, especially at centre-half.
Here are the latest Liverpool transfer rumours.
Klopp will look for January solutions
Klopp admitted that he will look into potential solutions in January as he and Liverpool seek to navigate a drastic injury crisis.
Not only are three of the four starting defenders currently unavailable for selection, Klopp will be without Jordan Henderson, Mohamed Salah, and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Meanwhile, Thiago Alcântara, Fabinho and Naby Keïta have all suffered issues in recent weeks and are likely to not be fully match-sharp.
In his press conference this week, Klopp was asked whether Liverpool will address these issues in January, especially a centre-back.
“We will see. I don't know what we can do in January,” he responded. “That we look for solutions in the transfer market – that is clear. But in the moment, we have the situation we have.”
Big six interested in Sergio Ramos
Get the latest Liverpool news straight into your inbox!
Liverpool are keen to repeat last season's success – and you don't want to miss a thing, surely?
From all of Liverpool's updates to the must-read Reds stories, get them straight to your inbox without fuss by signing up for the fantastic Mirror Football newsletter!
It's been an extremely interesting start to the season for Jurgen Klopp's men.
They got their title defence off to a shaky start as they edged out a seven-goal thriller against Leeds, before going on to conceded seven in a hammering by Aston Villa.
Virgil van Dijk's season was ended by injury in the 2-2 draw at Everton, leaving the title favourites looking far less secure at the back – especially with Alisson's injury worries too.
But there's no slowing down in what is going to be a busy campaign – with Klopp ensuring his men continue at full pace as they bid for more title glory.
The easiest way to keep up with everything going on at Anfield? It's by signing up.
Put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.
The big six in the Premier League are all monitoring the situation of Sergio Ramos at Real Madrid, according to reports.
The legendary defender is in the final year of his contract and could leave the Bernabeu after a phenomenal 15 years there. Per 90min , contract talks are ongoing but no solution has been found, which could see Ramos depart.
The 34-year-old is still viewed as one of the best defenders in the world, and the report states that the big six would consider a free-agent move for him next summer.
The report also states that Ramos is still considering his options but could remain with Madrid for another two years.
Arsenal missed out on Jota
It has been revealed that Arsenal had the chance to sign Jota earlier in the Portuguese’s career.
The winger, then at Portuguese side, Pacos Ferreira, had “several offers” to leave, one of which was from Arsenal, per the Athletic . Eventually, however, he would sign with Atletico Madrid instead, before later moving to Wolves and now Liverpool.
The report states that Arsenal, who were managed by Arsene Wenger at the time, sent scouts on several occasions to watch Jota. Jota, though, said that Madrid’s offer felt more serious than others he received.
“Atletico’s way of presenting their offer seemed serious to me,” he said. “The financial offer was the same as the others. I liked how the club’s owner went about it.”
Source: Read Full Article