Liverpool star Ben Doak left with bloodied mouth after SHOCKING brawl

Liverpool youngster Ben Doak left with bloodied mouth after shocking 25-man BRAWL breaks out after Reds’ UEFA Youth League triumph against Porto on penalties, which saw two players shown red cards

  • Two players were sent off after Liverpool’s UEFA Youth League win vs Porto
  • The red cards were shown after a mass-brawl broke out on the field after full time
  •  Videos show Liverpool star Ben Doak walking from the mele with a bloodied lip

Liverpool’s U19s were involved in a shocking mass brawl following their UEFA Youth League triumph against Porto on Wednesday night. 

After nothing could separate both sides at 1-1, the tie went to penalties, where the Reds claimed a 6-5 win, securing their spot in the quarter-finals of the tournament. 

But there were unsavoury scenes after the final whistle, with a mass brawl breaking out on the pitch as the Liverpool youngsters went to celebrate with their goalkeeper, after Porto winger Umaro Cande failed to convert his penalty by hitting the bar.

Footage shows both teams engaging in a heated mele in the penalty area, with shirts being pulled and some punches being thrown. Porto’s goalkeeper Goncalo Ribeiro was also knocked to the ground while the linesman is also seen having to duck to avoid a flailing arm.

While it is unclear what caused the scuffle, as things started to calm, youngster Ben Doak appeared from the crowd of bodies with what appears to be a bloody lip and was escorted away from the altercation by his captain Dominic Corness. 

A mass brawl broke out after Liverpool U19s UEFA Youth League mach against Porto

Liverpool starlet Ben Doak was left with what looked to be a bloodied lip following the affray

Both Cande and Ribeiro were subsequently sent off for their part in the affray after the final whistle. 

Doak, who joined from Celtic last summer, has made four appearances for the men’s senior side, twice in the Premier League and twice in the FA Cup. 

While the Scot has four goals in the UEFA Youth League this season, he failed to convert his penalty in the shootout. 

The Reds had gone down by a goal earlier in the game, with Jorge Meireles giving Porto an early lead from the spot after eight minutes. 

The Reds celebrated the win running to their goalkeeper after beating Porto 6-5 on penalties

Melkamu Frauendorf poked home Liverpool’s equaliser to give the reds a lifeline in the match

Yet, it was Doak’s assist that allowed Melkamu Frauendorf to pull the home side level in the second half, sending the game to penalties.

Liverpool will now travel to Portugal to face Sporting CP in the next round of the competition.  

Source: Read Full Article