‘There’s nothing on the table’: Borussia Dortmund chief Sebastian Kehl insists that the Bundesliga side have not received any transfer proposals for Jude Bellingham despite interest from Real Madrid and Manchester City
- Jude Bellingham is widely expected to leave Borussia Dortmund in the summer
- Reports have suggested he has accepted ‘all details’ of a Real Madrid offer
- Dortmund’s sporting director says there are no offers on the table however
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl has insisted that they have not received any transfer proposals over Jude Bellingham.
The England international is widely expected to leave the Bundesliga side this summer, with Real Madrid the frontrunners for his signature.
Manchester City have also been keen to sign him, while Liverpool had to pull out of a move as they focus on recruiting a number of players this summer rather than spend big money on the £130m rated midfielder alone.
Reports earlier this month suggested that Bellingham had accepted ‘all details’ of an offer from Real Madrid.
However, as reported by the Athletic, Kehl has insisted that the club has received no offer for their in-demand midfielder.
Borussia Dortmund’s sporting director Sebastian Kehl has claimed that the Bundesliga leaders have received no offers for in-demand England international Jude Bellingham so far
Bellingham is currently in a race against time to make Dortmund’s title decider on Saturday
Asked about a proposed transfer this summer, he said: ‘Of course there are rumours but there’s nothing on the table.
‘No proposals. All focus on Saturday. I’m sure Jude thinks about nothing else.’
Kehl’s comments refer to this weekend’s clash with Mainz, in which they could win the Bundesliga title for the first time since 2012 – ending Bayern Munich’s ten-year run of titles.
Dortmund go into the final game two points above their great rivals – though they could be without their influential midfielder for their biggest game of the season.
The teenager missed last weekend’s 3-0 victory over Augsburg with a knee problem and it’s not certain whether he will play a part in what could be Dortmund’s crowning moment.
‘Jude is doing everything to play on Saturday. He’s a very important part of the season,’ Kehl said.
Bellingham has enjoyed a fantastic season, scoring 14 goals and providing seven assists in 42 appearances.
Fabrizio Romano claimed Bellingham has accepted ‘all details’ of Madrid’s proposal to him.
Sebastian Kehl insists Dortmund have received no offers despite reports suggesting Bellingham has accepted ‘all details’ of an offer he has received from the Spanish giants
Man City are interested in Bellingham though Liverpool have had to pull out of the race as they look to bring in a number of midfielders rather than spend big money on the Dortmund star
Bellingham is said to be ‘excited’ about the project facing him at the Bernabeu, the transfer guru added, as he prepares to become their latest Galactico.
Madrid will now look to wrap things up with his club Dortmund and plan to speak to them this month to agree on a final transfer fee, the report adds.
The club’s hugely influential chief scout Juni Calafat, who is understood to have met Mark Bellingham at the Chelsea Harbour Hotel in London, wants Bellingham to lead the club into a new era and form a formidable midfield alongside Aurelien Tchouameni and Eduardo Camavinga.
Man City are also been keen to recruit him, but have not submitted any offers for the player.
Source: Read Full Article