Chelsea to SNUB a move for Cristiano Ronaldo with the club having ‘GONE COLD’ on a potential deal for the 37-year-old… despite Todd Boehly wanting to sign the Portuguese star over the summer
- Chelsea are out of the race to sign Cristiano Ronaldo according to reports
- Ronaldo is a free agent after his contract at Manchester United was terminated
- Blues owner Todd Boehly has long been interested in signing the forward
- But Blues boss Graham Potter is said to have doubts over the potential deal
Chelsea are set to avoid making a move for out-of-contract star Cristiano Ronaldo after the World Cup.
Blues owner Todd Boehly has long been an admirer of the 37-year-old and attempted to bring him to Stamford Bridge this summer amidst his transfer saga at Manchester United.
Ronaldo was insistent that Champions League football was one of the main reasons for his desire to depart Old Trafford throughout the summer window, an opportunity that a move to Chelsea could afford him.
Chelsea are reportedly out of the race to sign out-of-contract striker Cristiano Ronaldo after the World Cup
Ronaldo left Manchester United on Tuesday after having his contract terminated by the club
With United announcing on Tuesday that Ronaldo’s lucrative contract with the club has been terminated with immediate effect, speculation has been rampant as to where the Portugal captain will play his club football after the World Cup.
Boehly’s previous interest in the player, combined with reports that Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes is willing to do business with the club, has led to Chelsea being named favourites among English teams to sign the star.
However, a report from The Sun has claimed that Chelsea are now unlikely to play any part in the forward’s future, but that the situation could change.
‘Chelsea have gone cold on him. But if Todd Boehly decided to change his mind he would take some stopping.’ A source told SunSport.
But the situation could change if Chelsea owner Todd Boehly (right) changes his mind on signing the 37-year-old
Boehly’s ambition to sign Ronaldo after taking over the west London club earlier this year was well documented.
It is believed that the 49-year-old’s desire to sign the former Real Madrid star led to friction between the American and then-Blues boss Thomas Tuchel.
Tuchel was unexpectedly sacked after a poor run of form earlier this season, and replaced by Brighton boss Graham Potter.
However, like he predecessor, Potter is also not believed to be interested in signing the five-time Ballon d’Or winner, despite his team having scored just twice in their last five Premier League fixtures.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article