Andreas Pereira wants to stay at Old Trafford and fight for his Manchester United amid calls for him to quit the club.
The 24-year-old midfielder has been inconsistent this campaign, contributing only one goal and four assists in 35 appearances in all competitions.
And the Brazilian's place in manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's plans is under threat following the signing of another attacking midfielder, Bruno Fernandes, in the January window.
Pereira was not part of the squad which beat Watford 3-0 on Sunday and has came under fire from fans who would like him to leave Old Trafford.
But after one supporter wrote "find a new club man" on a social media post, Pereira issued a defiant response, writing: "I will stay and fight for my place. My place is at Manchester United."
Pereira faces an uphill battle to regain his place in Solskjaer's first team after Fernandes picked up a goal and an assist in the win over the Hornets.
Speaking about his decision to omit Pereira and Jesse Lingard from the squad that day, Solskjaer said “We picked a squad of 18 that we felt was the right 18 here.
“We have got cover on the bench with wide men, forwards, midfielders, & defenders so that was the decision I made.”
Pereira's last appearance came in the 1-1 draw at Club Brugge last week, where he was subbed off shortly after picking up a yellow card.
The United academy product has been with the club since 2011 and made 70 senior appearances, but the Red Devils could be set for an overhaul if they do not qualify for next season's Champions League, with Solskjaer saying they will "suffer" if they miss out.
"We're a big club, we've got good finances," he said.
Source: Read Full Article