Man camping at Texas Motor Speedway dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

One of two men overcome by carbon monoxide before the AAA Texas 500 has died, the Star-Telegram reported.

Cameron Hickman, 49, died at 9:26 a.m. local time Sunday at Texas Health Alliance Hospital, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

“There was a generator under the bus and it appears that it was not properly vented,” fire department spokesman Kyle Clay told the Star-Telegram.

Read This

NASCAR admits mistake in penalizing Jimmie Johnson at Texas

The men were discovered at 9 a.m. CT Sunday near Turn 2 at Texas Motor Speedway, which normally is reserved for overnight campers.

The other unidentified victim was airlifted to a Plano hospital, where he was placed in a hyperbaric chamber, according to authorities. His condition had not been made public as of mid-day Monday.

Source: Read Full Article