Sam Darnold and the New York Jets will likely be without their top deep threat Sunday against the Chicago Bears. They’re already without their leading receiver.
Wideout Robby Anderson is listed as doubtful after not practicing this week because of an ankle sprain. Quincy Enunwa is out with an ankle injury as well. It’s unfortunate timing for the Jets, who recently lost (and released) Terrell Pryor because of a groin tear.
Jermaine Kearse would be Gang Green’s top available receiver. They could also lean on former Tennessee Titans receiver Rishard Matthews, who signed with New York just this week.
The Jets’ secondary isn’t the healthiest either. Cornerback Trumaine Johnson (quad) is listed as doubtful, while cornerback Morris Claiborne (shoulder/foot) and safety Marcus Maye (thumb) are questionable.
On a positive note, cornerback Buster Skrine cleared concussion protocol and is off the injury report.
- LATEST ANALYSIS
▶ Week 8 game picks: Saints top Vikes
▶ Three scary good, scary bad position groups
▶ QB Index: 5 long-shot trade candidates
▶ Bortles ‘couldn’t care less’ about critics
▶ Fatal flaws that could sink Jags, seven others
▶ MJD: Four landing spots for LeSean McCoy
▶ One trade for each team to make: AFC | NFC
▶ NO-MIN rematch: Diggs talks ‘Minneapolis Miracle’
Here are other injuries we’re tracking Friday:
1. Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette (hamstring) has been ruled for his fourth consecutive game. Cornerback D.J. Hayden (toe) is doubtful for Sunday’s game Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Cornerbcks A.J. Bouye (calf) and Tyler Patmon (neck) and tight end James O’Shaughnessy (hip) are also out.
2. Houston Texans coach Bill O’Brien said wide receiver Will Fuller suffered a torn ACL in Thursday night’s win against the Miami Dolphins. O’Brien said cornerback Aaron Colvin, who’s been out since Week 4 with an ankle injury, could return after the Texans’ Week 10 bye. He said cornerback Kevin Johnson, who was placed on injured reserve after suffering a concussion in Week 1, is less likely to return that soon.
Texans linebacker Zach Cunningham is believed to have suffered a knee sprain Thursday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source. He’s scheduled to have an MRI today.
3. Eagles defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (calf) is questionable versus the Jaguars. Linebacker Nate Gerry (ankle, knee), running back Darren Sproles (hamstring), cornerback Sidney Jones (hamstring) and safety Corey Graham (hamstring) are out.
4. Minnesota Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes (ankle) participated in the portion of practice open to reporters, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported. Linebacker Anthony Barr (hamstring) was not present, and safety Andrew Sendejo (groin) and running back Dalvin Cook were without helmets. Cook is not expected to play.
Vikings coach Coach Mike Zimmer said left tackle Riley Reiff (foot) will be listed as doubtful.
5. New York Giants coach Pat Shurmur said linebacker Alec Ogletree (hamstring) is out for Sunday’s game against the Washington Redskins.
6. Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict (hip), running back Giovani Bernard (knee) and wide receiver John Ross (groin) have been ruled out for Sunday’s game versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
7. Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (calf) and defensive end Vinny Curry (ankle) have been ruled out versus the Bengals.
8. Carolina Panthers wide receiver Torrey Smith has been ruled out against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday with a knee injury. Smith exited early last week against the Eagles and has been held out of practice all week.
9. Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich said safety Malik Hooker and tight end Erik Swoope (knee) are out Sunday versus the Oakland Raiders. Kicker Adam Vinatieri (groin) is expected to play.
10. Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden said wide receiver Jamison Crowder (ankle) is out Sunday versus the New York Giants. Cornerback Quinton Dunbar (shin), wide receiver Paul Richardson (shoulder/knee) and running back Chris Thompson (rib/knee) are listed as questionable.
11. Broncos coach Vance Joseph said linebacker Von Miller‘s ankle injury isn’t serious and he will play Sunday versus the Kansas City Chiefs. Miller is expected to be listed as questionable, per ESPN.
Broncos offensive tackle Jared Veldheer (knee), running back Royce Freeman (ankle), wide receiver DaeSean Hamilton (knee) and safety Darian Stewart (neck) are out versus the Chiefs. Linebacker Shane Ray (ankle/wrist) is doubtful.
12. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb (hamstring) and Equanimeous St. Brown (knee) are listed as questionable for Sunday’s tilt with the Los Angeles Rams.
13. Chiefs safety Eric Berry (heel) and linebacker Justin Houston (hamstring) will be listed as doubtful and center Mitch Morse (concussion) will not play in Sunday’s game against the Broncos, per team reporter BJ Kissel.
14. Buffalo Bills quarterback Derek Anderson (back, calf), running back Chris Ivory (hamstring), running back LeSean McCoy (concussion) were all limited in Friday’s practice. Defensive end Trent Murphy (knee) was out.
Source: Read Full Article