Alleged gunman, four others arrested in connection to David Ortiz shooting, authorities say
MLB 

Police in the Dominican Republic have arrested a total of five people ⁠- including alleged gunman Ramon Martínez Perez ⁠- in connection with Sunday’s shooting of Red Sox legend David Ortiz, authorities announced in a press conference Wednesday.

Ney Aldrin Bautista Almonte, director of the Dominican National Police, said authorities are continuing to investigate the attack and a motive hasn’t been determined yet. Almonte said, though, that the suspects in the shooting had been hired as hit men to kill Ortiz.

Attorney General Jean Alain Rodriguez revealed the suspects were offered 400,000 Dominican pesos (or a little less than $8,000).

Almonte showed security camera footage of the shooting and held up a black handgun that was allegedly used in the ambush. According to court documents obtained by the Boston Globe, two men were caught on camera talking in a gray car on a nearby street before they got on a motorcycle to ride towards the bar, where Ortiz was ambushed while out with friends in his native Santo Domingo.

Related News

Source: Read Full Article